There has been a school in Winterton since 1845 when a National School was built but it wasn’t until 1875 a School Board was formed serving the villages of Winterton and Somerton. In 1877 the school building was extended forming the traditional Victorian school which can still be seen today. It consisted of two school rooms with a teachers house attached.

In recent years our school has been extended from a First School to a Primary School with a maintained Nursery Class. Building work in 2007 saw the school developed to the facilities there are today. The old school building can be found as a base for our Dolphin and Shark Classes with the newer buildings housing our younger children.

school-old-school2 school-old-school1 school-recent